Magic Wand Mini Review
I bought myself a corded Hitachi Magic Wand (hereafter shortened HMW) back in 2012/2013. Eager to test my inability to orgasm against one of the fabled kings of wands, I used it pretty regularly for several years, but it wasn’t ideal. Hell, it wasn’t even my favorite vibrator.
Now, about a decade later, Hitachi dropped their name from the Magic Wand branding, they’ve released variable-speed and rechargeable versions, changed the toy’s head to silicone, and lo – the Magic Wand Mini is their latest offering. SheVibe thought I might want another bedside buddy, and they figured a Magic Wand Mini review would be a good way to find the next one!
- The Magic Wand Mini is rechargeable! No longer are you tethered to a wall outlet while you play. I’ve gotten over 2 hours on one charge, and that’s perfect for me.
- The lowest setting is what I start on, and it can make me orgasm pretty often without even having to turn the toy up. This is huge for me – I’m usually stuck cranking other toys up to the max setting and laying there for an hour yelling “WHY WON’T YOU CUM?” at my vulva.
- I love how quiet it is. I live with 4 other people. While my dongs occupy our bathroom and hall shelves and nobody minds, I don’t want loud whirring emanating from my bedroom like a siren, “I’m masturbating! Yanking my chain! Spanking my monkey! Flicking my bean! Polishing my pearl! I’M JERKING IT!” for half an hour several times a day.
- The size is awesome. I love how lightweight it is so my hands and wrists don’t get tired, and it’s a lot easier to slip between us during partnered sex than the original HMW was. It’s easy to grip firmly with my tiny opossum claws!
This isn’t even a list. My only real complaint is that the charging cable uses a proprietary connector (AKA a funny plug shape specific to these products only). In an age where damn near anything can be charged via USB-whatever, this is a bummer.
I actually can’t use mine right now because my cord disappeared. If you have money to blow on extra cords, great! But there’s just no reason I can comprehend to create a connector that looks like this other than getting more money from customers. I AM AN ADHD WHIRLWIND, GIVE ME USB.
Should I Replace My Hitachi Magic Wand?
If you already have one of the old Hitachi Magic Wands or a Magic Wand Original, you might be wondering if it’s worth an upgrade:
Yes, upgrade if:
- If you would get more pleasure out of vibration that feels more rumbly/deep than the buzzy HMW. If you often spent a long time using your HMW until it was very hot and your genitals were basically numb, try the Magic Wand Mini instead, it’s way better.
- If you’d prefer the option of 3 speeds instead of 2.
- If you need a quieter toy than the infamously loud HMW.
- If you’d prefer individual control buttons instead of the HMW switch.
- If you want something lighter and smaller.
- If the cord of the HMW is getting in your way.
- Your old, yellowed, cracked HMW head that can’t be sterilized bothers you, and you’d rather have a silicone head for sanitation or aesthetics.
- You’re married to your HMW attachments. The mini’s head is physically smaller; I don’t think they will fit. Try the larger Rechargeable Magic Wand or Magic Wand Plus instead!
Thank you so much to my pals at SheVibe for sending this toy in exchange for an unbiased Magic Wand Mini review!